Friday, April 4, 2008

desert short 3

It may be the answer to many of life’s issues, dilemma’s, and conflicts. But unfortunately it was distorted in the beginning and confused with other things. Resulting were indulgence, indolence, and wars. If there were anything that had been so misunderstood it would have little consequence beside the matter of this one thing.

When the voices of the past echo across the plains and the grasses ripple as though they were a collective mass of water… I feel it.

… when the red walls look down upon me.. I feel it.

.. when the rain bathes me and I have no inhibitions to laughing at the chaos of nature I feel it.

Down one of Ed Abbey’s canyons that he never wrote about… down with the ghost of the man Everett Ruess… in the care of a friend… in the state of wonder… enveloped by everything dear.

There are a million places to feel it but there is one place, the place I want to be most to feel it. And there are places that I know the direction to, but to this one, who knows for the destination is unknown. It seems left to the winds and the sands and the rains and the chaos. But all seek it. All want it. None can live without it.

It sustains hope… it sustains life… it is there. But how to find it? Maybe after the wars and the pride, after the deals and the success, it will be the only thing. We will start anew?

No comments: