Friday, April 4, 2008

barista notes

Sometimes I talk to people about what is going on in their day. It seems as though the only people I talk to are working, going to or coming from work. But when these conversations take place I am working. I am serving coffee. This is a wonderful thing, coffee conversations. I have come to know many people and faces of those who have disappeared. I have grown to care for them all. They have become part of my life whether they know it; whether I like it or not. I hear incredible stories. I think incredible things. I wish I could get all of everything on paper, on screen. All these thought and conversations have increased my social apparatus.

The echo of stories told to me linger when I think of a person. One man stands alone. He has told me of things magnificent and extraordinary in his life. I like to listen. I have taken a liking to this character. I look up to him and I see him as an inspiration. He gives me knowledge, I give him coffee. A simple exchange of things. But this man is not the only person I have come to know well.

Collette, a British girl, beautiful and as mystical as the beautiful woman in black who stands alone in the distance.

No comments: